Friday, August 26, 2011

To Kick off our Blog

I'll start off by letting you guys know how we even got to this page in our lives. I met Derek through a few friends back in 2006. I believe we stayed friends for quite a few months. We started to date after he got me lost in Atlanta after a wonderful Marta trip. (Sense some sarcasm here) Anyways, we've had some really great years and during an ice storm in January while playing N64 Derek proposed. We instantly started looking for houses in the area to buy for a deal. We found one adorable 1,200 sq ft cottage in the Newnan square that I had personally been in love with over the internet since November 2010. We put a bid down on this short sale house and thought we would get it anytime. We got married on June 18th, 2011 in my very own backyard! We had a lot of fun planning the wedding and it turned out way better than ever expected. We enjoyed being surrounded by our family and friends. After being married for a few weeks we finally got word that the house of my dreams actually foreclosed in the middle of our process! Yes, four months in for nothing! Aggravation & frustration but lots of patience kicked in as we set to rebid AND outbid everyone else who was now wanting the house for $19,000 less than we anticipated. We're now set to close in less than 2 weeks away and everything is going perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment